- 850 claimed lumens
- 1h 30min reported battery life
- Made in USA
- 121 g
- no flash mode
- pulse mode
- 3 brightness levels
- Included mounts: Helmet, Strap
Light and Motion's Urban series is their flagship commuter light, with options ranging from the entry-level Urban 200 to the high-performance Urban 700. Although thoughtfully designed with a commuter's needs in mind, these lights are also well suited for off-road and singletrack use.
Series review: Urban Series general review
Review by Nathan Hinkle, Sept. 12, 2013, midnight
- Excellent optics – wide beam lights up the whole road. It's not just about how much light, it's about where you put it, and the Urban light puts it everywhere.
- Additional amber LEDs for side lighting makes it a great be-seen light, too.
- Easy on/off rubber strap mount makes transfering between bikes much easier than lights with a clip-on mount.
- USB rechargeable.
- Includes helmet mount.
- New button lock-out mode that prevents the light from turning on in your pack by accident.
- Relatively expensive (although I think it's definitely worth the price).
- The pre-production unit of the Urban 550 I received had some minor issues with charging, but these have been resolved in the final version sold to customers.
- Mounting strap may not be durable long-term, but it is user replaceable.