- 90 claimed lumens
- 100 measured lumens
- 1h 30min reported battery life
- 1h 30min measured battery life
- 50 g
- flashing mode
- no pulse mode
- 2 brightness levels
- Included mounts: Strap
The Serfas Thunder series lights originated with the Thunderbolt headlight and taillight; among the first bike lights to feature a large array of micro LEDs. Variations on the original Thunderbolt are now available in different performance and output ranges.
Review: A bright, wide-angle be-seen light with a novel mounting system
Review by Nathan Hinkle, Sept. 12, 2013, midnight
- USB rechargeable.
- Unique design: very wide angle visibility makes it a great be-seen light.
- Versatile mounting (could also be a con depending on where you want to put it, but I think you could find a spot on almost any bike).
- Easy to get on and off the bike quickly.
- Not great for seeing the road – mostly just designed for being seen.
- Short battery life at full brightness.
Despite the short-lived battery, the Thunderbolt was one of the lights I was most excited to test out, and it exceeded my expectations: bright, mountable almost anywhere, and excellent off-axis visibility. This light is definitely a very unique design, and I can see many applications of it, especially for biking in an urban environment where side-lighting can help with safety: you could strap one of these on each side of your bike to help cars see you from off-angles. There is also a red taillight version available, which makes for a nice set.